Tele-Caller (Outbound Voice Non Sales)
by Rishabh Chaturvedi
March 12, 2019
An Outbound Tele-caller whose duties are non-sales are supposed to contact parties with which the firm or company have dealings with and communicate with them. The calls can be for response to customer complaints, getting customer information, informing customers and clients about new products, services and schemes, remind customers about pending bills, completed works or setting up meetings. The job is non-sales but, it is still a very important aspect of customer service.
- Call customers in response to complaints
- Contact general public and customers to complete surveys
- Inform prospective customers about the firm or organization and new products, services and schemes
- Remind customers about due payments
- Inform customers about scheduled events and meetings
What are the qualifications for the job?
Typically, employers will look for qualification depending upon the job or task to be performed. Some of the acceptable qualifications are-
- Any graduate degree, with a preference to Communications degree holders
- Degree in Information Technology, Science, or Engineering for technical calls
- Diploma or Certificate degree in Communications
- 10+2 may also be considered for deserving candidates
Other than the degree, an Outbound Tele-calling Executive must have some of the following qualities-
- Strong communication skills with an ability to hold conversations
- Fluent in English, Hindi and preferably, local languages.
- Quick learner
- Ability to solve customer problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of employing firm and its products and services
Where are the jobs available?
Outbound Tele-Callers are required for any firm or organization with a strong customer base and customer oriented products and services. Corporate offices, telecom agencies, call centres, shops, banks and a lot of other places hire Outbound Tele-callers.
Do’s and Don’ts of the job-
- Contact the customer at appropriate time
- Be polite during conversations
- Learn to keep people engaged in conversations
- Never be rude or over aggressive in conversation
- Never let the customer hang up without at least trying to engage them
- Never lie about products or services and their charges