IT Hardware & Network Engineer
by Rishabh Chaturvedi
March 12, 2019
An IT Hardware and Network Engineer is a very important role in a company. A Network Engineer is responsible for setting up, maintaining and developing computer networks within the organisation you are working in. The job seeker is supposed to make sure of availability of network infrastructure to the staff, clients, users, customers and suppliers to ensure maximum performance. A Network Engineer should also be ready to troubleshoot problems for anyone on their networks. An IT Hardware and Network Engineer has to deal with hardware issues too.
What are the eligibility requirements of the job?
Employers will look for applicants who are skilled in the task. They will also give preference to seekers who are knowledgeable about the latest developments in the field and have skilled themselves accordingly. The qualifications that job seekers would look for-
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator(MCSA) or, similar certification from Cisco or others
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology Certificate and Diploma Course for Hardware and Network Engineers
- B. Tech degree in Electricals, Networking or Telecommunications
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Telecommunications
- Master’s Degree in Computer Applications
Things applicants should be knowledgeable about-
- IP protocols and procedures
- Ping utility, etc
Other qualities that a recruiter would look for are-
- Well spoken and good communications skills
- Good knowledge of all hardware components involved
- Knowledge of required software and systems
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Good understanding of Cisco routers and other components
- Ability to work in a team
What tools would be essential for the job?
Some of the tools useful for the job are-
- Precision screwdrivers
- Portable soldering kit
- Software tools like-
- Ip calculator
Where are jobs available?
Almost all offices, firms, big shops, factories, hardware developers and software firms are looking for good Hardware and Network Engineers to hire.
Let us go over some Do’s and Don’ts for the job-
- Always be ready to solve problems
- Make yourself aware about the changes and developments in the field
- Make the network as secure as possible
- Never complicate your networks needlessly
- Never make hasty changes to the hardware or software
- Never be hesitant to clarify what exactly is required for the job.